Coating Thickness Gauge: CTR-1000s
Dry film coating thickness tester
$654.50 (incl. GST)
Our Starr CTR-1000s is a Dry Film Thickness gauge (or DFT), designed for users that need to non destructively measure a dry film coating thickness on a metallic substrate.
The remote sensor allows measurement in difficult to access areas, such as the drainage channels under the bonnet of a car, inside H-beam, chassis rails, o-ring grooves machined recesses and weld joints.
Measurement of anodic and galvanic coatings is also possible. The sensor automatically detects the nobility of the metal substrate and employs either the Eddy Current or Magnetic Induction measurement method, as required.
The results are displayed in metric "microns" or imperial "mil" on the large, backlit LCD screen, along with live updated statistical data including minimum, maximum and average thickness.
Other uses include measuring the thickness of other coatings such as:
- Anodising on aluminium
- Galvanising on steel
- Chrome on hydraulic cylinder and rods
- Powder coating
- Intumescent fire resistive coatings
The Starr Instruments CTR-1000s has many uses in industry. The most common would be measuring the thickness of paint, such as the thickness of paint on a metal panel found on car parts. Applying too much paint can be more expensive and not applying enough paint can have the effect of not protecting the part which increases the chances of that part corroding.
If you require any further assistance please contact us.
* Please note this gauge is NOT suitable for testing epoxy waterproofing membrane
- Separate sensor for access into small, tight areas and non-uniform parts
- Backlit LCD
- Internal Memory (99 readings)
- Live statistics on screen (min, max, avg)
- Dual Electro-Magnetic sensor
- Automatic substrate recognition
(Magnetic Induction) Iron/Steel base
|Measure the thickness of non-magnetic coatings on magnetic substrates||Galvanizing, lacquer, porcelain enamel, phosphide, copper, aluminium, alloy, paper etc. Applied to steel, iron, etc|
|Measure the thickness of non-conductive coatings on non-magnetic metals||
Anodizing, varnish, paint, enamel, plastic coatings, powder, etc. Applied to aluminum, brass, non-magnetic S/S, etc
|Resolution||0.1 µm (up to 99µm), 1 µm above 99 µm|
|Measuring Range||0 to 1,250 µm (0 to 50 mil)|
|Power||2 x AAA 1.5V Batteries|
|Substrate||Fe / NFe metal|
|Reference Films||Set of 4 included|
• Separate sensor coating thickness gauge
• Measures coatings on Fe and NFe metal substrates
• Live statistics on screen (min/max/avg)
• Able to measure in difficult areas
|Brand||STARR INSTRUMENTS by Test-Equip|