Rockwell Hardness Tester: PHR-C Series
C clamp Portable hardness tester
PHR-C Series C-clamp style is a range of handheld, manual Rockwell scale metal hardness testers.
The PHR-C is lightweight, compact and easy to operate, meaning it can be used anytime, almost anywhere. Initial testing force is 10kg, and main testing force is 60kg, 100kg or 150kg depending on the measuring scale; just like a bench-mounted tester. Force is applied by diamond or carbide ball indenter and screw so that the indentation is small.
It is often used in non-destructive testing to test the sample directly without the need for removal. It can not only test standard samples, hardware and tool parts, but also can test the inconvenient parts which are not suitable to test with LEEB rebound type or bench hardness tester. Measurement accuracy meets standard ISO 6508, ASTM E110 and ASTM E 18.
This kind of tester is suitable for testing pipe and tube in particular.
Application: All common metals, including iron, steel, copper, aluminum, etc.
Choose from four different models:
- PHR-4-3 - 100 x 75mm opening aperture
- PHR-8-4 - 200 x 100mm opening aperture
- PHR-8-10 - 200 x 250mm opening aperture
- PHR-20-12 - 500 x 300mm opening aperture for large test pieces
- Small, portable and lightweight
- Quick to operate - clamp test sample and apply load
- Graduated micrometer spindle
- Direct reading of Rockwell hardness
- Useful to pipe and tube, curved surfaces etc
- Can measure external and internal bore tube
|Initial Test Force||10Kg|
|Main Test Force||60Kg (HRA); 100Kg (HRB); 150Kg (HRC)|
|Indenter||120°diamond cone (HRA, HRC)
1.588mm sintered carbide ball (HRB)
|Indication Error||<1.5HRC to meet ISO 6508|
|Repeatability Error||<1.5HRC to meet ISO 6508|