Salt Spray Chamber: Alpha+Series
Basic NSS & Humidity Cabinets
Ascott Alpha+ basic salt spray test cabinets for common corrosion test standards. Designed to appeal to the modern test laboratory, who want affordable equipment that is easy to install, simple to operate and reliable in service.
The alpha+ range complies with the most popular international standards for corrosion testing, including salt spray standards: ASTM B117, ISO 9227, DIN 50 021 and JIS Z 2371.
- A range of 4 salt spray cabinets
- Two sizes, with either 500 or 1000 Litre internal capacities (16.6 / 35.3 cu ft).
- S series for short-term NSS tests less than 240 hours
- SP series for long-term NSS tests over 240 hours
Common Design Features:
- Manufactured from a robust glass reinforced plastic (GRP) construction, combined with other non-corroding materials, to guarantee a trouble free long life.
- Transparent domed roof providing unimpeded 360° viewing of the cabinet interior.
- Latching roof stay for ease of loading.
- Self-regenerating water trap seal, preventing salt fog escaping during operation.
- Ergonomically positioned menu driven touch screen controller for comfortable and intuitive control.
- Timed stop facility and hours run counter.
- Maximised cross-sectional load area, enabling a large number of samples to be tested at any one time, without compromising ergonomics.
- Supplied with complimentary corrosion proof sample holders.
- Internal base loading platform available as an optional accessory for large/heavy objects to be located in the base of the cabinet.
S500 & S1000 salt spray cabinets
- Designed specifically for short-terms tests (up to 240 hours duration).
- Cabinet heated by externally mounted heater mats, protecting them against damage from the corrosive climate inside the cabinet, also ensuring uniform heat distribution inside the cabinet.
- Heated bubble tower humidifies the compressed air en-route to the salt fog atomiser, in full compliance with international test standards.
- Bubble tower can be topped up with water automatically, or by hand via the manual filler port.
- Utilises the atomisers’ venturi effect combined with the air pressure regulator and gauge to deliver a uniform and continuous fall-out of salt fog on to the samples under test.
- Supplied with a 90L external salt water solution tank.
- The all plastic atomiser has an integral filter in addition to a filter on the reservoir feed pipe to prevent salt crystal build-up blocking the outlet nozzle and disrupting the test.
- Cabinets can be operated with a wet or dry base.
- Optional insulated roof blanket, offering greater thermal efficiency is available.
- SP models are equipped with an advanced control system featuring a peristaltic pump based salt water delivery system, coupled with a user adjustable precision speed controller.
- Ensures consistent fall-out of salt spray fog on to the test samples, over longer term duration tests (240+ hours of continuous salt spray testing).
- Optional larger capacity salt water tanks available for reduced changeover time on long-term testing.