The DSD-STAND is compatible for use with the Starr Instruments DSD-A and DSD-D durometers. It provides a constant load when testing, which is important for consistent results as recommended by the ASTM D2240 standard. The test stand also overcomes the difficulty of repeatedly applying a consistent pressure when using a durometer as a hand instrument; particularly over multiple tests and users.
The manual stand features a cam lever system fixed to an adjustable height boom for adapting to a wide range of test piece heights up to 60mm tall. A test weight of 1Kg is suitable for Shore A testing and a weight of 4kg is used for the Shore D version of the DSD Stand to meet the standards for Shore D testing.
- Operating Type: Indenter to specimen
- Loading Method: Cam loading
- Loading Stroke: 18 mm
- Specimen Thickness: 60 mm (max.)
- Throat Depth: 65 mm
- Support Table (dia.): Ø116 mm
- Lifting Adjustment: Screw adjustment
- Table Adjustment: Three-point levelling
- Weight: 5.6kg
For further assistance please contact us.