Types of Durometer
When the base of durometer and work piece are cohered to each other, the indenter changes the shape of the sample by pressurized force cand sample resistance to this force. Force amount of indenter is indicated as hardness when this pressurized force and repulsive force are equivalent. If repulsive force is weak, it shows low value (soft), on the contrary, if repulsive force is strong, it shows high value (hard).
There are various type of durometers of which force of springs and shape of indenters are different. The reason why there are various kinds of durometers is for the purpose of showing degree of hardness with higher sensitivity against difference of material characteristics and shape of surface which work pieces have. Select a suitable product referring to the diagram below.
1.Confirmation of performance
Please confirm requested standard and type of durometer on the occasion of receiving. Please refer to the standard of JIS K 6253, K 7215, K 6301, ISO 7619, ISO 868 and ASTM
D 2240 in detail.
2. Test environment
(1) Test environment for measuring samples is prescribed at internal and external standard as " 23±2℃､humidity 50±5%".
(2) please avoid using it where dust and oil mist attach to it.
3. Precaution on use
(1) Check before using:
① Confirm whether operation is smooth.
② Confirm whether accretion is on pressurized surface or indentor.
③ Confirm whether the indicator indicates "0 point".)
(2) Never disassemble device and loose screws.
(3) Do not give the products any shock by being dropped or excessive load.
(4) Keep the products away from direct sun light, excessive high or low temperature, and high humidity or dust. Avoid using and storing the products under the circumstances of water or oil.
(5) Do not press the products to hard samples like glass or metals excepting for the purpose of checkup and inspection.
(6) Do not clean with organic detergent ( thinner or benzine ) and not put oil onto the products.
(7) Do not apply a load to the indentor in right angle. Do not hit the products with a hard item.
(1) In case that outer dial can not be read due to dirt of crystal, please wipe stains from the crystal by using a dry cloth or a cloth dampened with neutral detergent.
(2) In case that some sort of defect is observed for indicator, indentor and spring load value by check up and repair or adjustment is needed, please inform the sales outlet where the products are bought. Products repaired or adjusted by parties not authorized can not be warranted by us.
Durometers are needed to be inspected during a certain period, which depends on usage frequency. Especially, in case that instruments are controlled by "inspection, measuring and test instruments " of ISO 9000 series, it is important element.
(1)Indentor height : Indicator should indicate 0 on free condition. Then it is checked whether indicator is in 100 by pressing pressurized surface onto hard and flat and smooth surface. Meanwhile, be careful so that indentor edge shape of Type D durometer is not changed.
(2)Indentor shape : It is checked by measuring microscope whether dimension and shape of indentor edge is in the permissible value of standard. In case that there is abrasion or damage , indentor needed to be changed.
(3)Spring force : It is checked by giving load against each indicated value whether indicator correctly indicates. Please use durometer