Barcol Impressor is a portable indentation Hardness Tester used to measure the hardness of aluminum and aluminum alloy; particularly useful where a Webster hardness testing instrument cannot test the thick-walled aluminum extrusions.
The Barcol Impressor is also suitable for testing composite materials such as carbon fibre, epoxies, glass fibre reinforced plastics, rigid plastics, and so on. Please refer to ASTM B648-00 and ASTM D2583-07 standards.
It is available in two versions:
- 934-1 standard model for aluminium, alloys, copper, etc
- 935-1 which is fitted with a softer spring load for softer plastics, lead, tin and wooden flooring products. Test range is 50-110HRR
- Range: 0-100 HBa (25~150 HBW)
- Indenter: 26° pan head cone, head face diameter 0.176mm
- Error: ≤±1~2 HBa
- Weight: 0.5 Kg
Standard Kit includes:
- Spare indenter (2 pieces)
- High value standard test block
- Low value standard test block
- Calibration wrench
- Carrying case